Some days you just don’t have it in you.
You’re tired and can’t find the motivation. The extreme ups and downs have taken their toll. You’re burnt out.
But you need to push through and keep going.
What To Do When You’re Burnt Out?
Being burnt out sucks. The only thing worse, though, is staying burnt out.
One option is to take a break. Step away from your work – figuratively or even literally – and let your mind and body recoup. This is great for severe cases, such as after wrapping up a huge project.
However sometimes it’s just another Monday, lacking the excitement from a few days ago the prior week. And if you took a break every time this happened you’d be working just as often as you weren’t.
So the next time your week starts off slow here are some tips to help you get through the funk:
- Stick to what you know, what you’re most comfortable with, so you can book an easy win
- Get back to your routine so you can build positive habits and familiarity
- Avoid highly creative tasks that can be mentally exhausting
- Instead, look for busy work that helps keep the ball rolling while your mind recoups
- I also find reading to be a great activity when I’m burnt out
- …and of course, an extra cup of coffee never hurts 🙂
After a long three-day weekend like this past one it’s common for Tuesday to feel a bit dreary.
If you find yourself feeling unproductive today try some of these tips to stay productive while your mind rests, so that you’ll (hopefully) soon be back at 100%.