At a recent evening meetup a friend was describing to me three types of data analytics:
- Descriptive – What is happening now?
- Predictive – What will happen?
- Prescriptive – What should I do about it?
As you might guess analytics in this sense is a continuum. Start off with descriptive metrics and increase your analytics maturity by moving up the scale to predictive and eventually prescriptive numbers.
After the meetup I came home, a bit later than the usual weeknight. So as I walked into the house I was greeted by blast of stuffy hot Georgia summer air.
The Nest thermostat’s auto away had beat me again!
By now you’ve heard of The Ice Bucket challenge.
It’s very straight forward.
- Fill up a bucket with cold water and ice
- Dump it over your head
- Nominate three friends to do the same
- They then have 24 hours to accept the challenge or donate to ALS to raise awareness about Lou Gehrig’s disease
Friends, celebrities, politicians, business leaders and everyone in between are stepping up.
We’re coming up on our six month anniversary since BlueFletch moved into our new digs at Southern Dairies.
The overwhelming response has been positive so I wanted to share what we did, what’s worked well and what hasn’t.
Welcome to BlueFletch
- Large, clean and crisp signage (thanks to FASTSIGNS Atlanta)
- Dogs encouraged, but also taking precaution to reduce legal liability
- Tore out the outdated secretary desk so Lauren isn’t stranded by herself all day
You’re in enterprise SaaS sales and it’s Monday morning.
You want to start the week off on the right foot and jump into closing deals. But don’t. Resist the urge. Even though you’ll likely make some sales, you’ll regret it after.
Why? At Less Meeting we found that Monday was the worst day for us to make sales.